The Falconeer Updated On Steam
The Steam version of The Falconeer has received a beastly new update, featuring more map functionality, weapon balancing, visual upgrades, and bug fixes!
The Xbox version of this patch is currently in testing and will be available soon.
Edit : There has been a further small update to this patch based on some bugs that were brought to light!
Additional update notes :
- Enemies are prevented from spawning more than 450 meters away, to prevent them wandering off during missions
- Lip sync audio source analysis fixed to channel 0,to prevent random out of range errors
- Roaming surface ships are now initialized at a random origin correctly, (no more pirate ships crossing the maw)
- Roaming surface ships now have proper collision avoidance between themselves (prevents ships clipping thru each other)
- Gui Animations are now framerate independent
- Some text could "fall" due to infinite line breaks
- Whirlwinds now always give 100% energy refills and boost a bit more
- Bird gains a tiny bit of energy from straight flight
- Exploding ammo won't explode or cause errors if you are fully out of ammo
- Custom map marker would never be removed on click, when set to mouse control and aim
- Edge target indicator behaved wrong when behind you (i.e. stuck in the corner too much)
Full patch notes are as follows :Balancing
- Magnetar rifle damaged lowered by 30%, DpS was much too high
- Lightning caster rate of fire increased, to match DpS of Magnetar
- RoF of Razor Beetles reduced a bit, to prevent overwhelming swarm fire.
- Purify chant, reduced effectiveness to only critically explode subtargets 30% of the time.
- First enemy encounter in epilogue removed, to prevent being spotted later
- Shard and Oberon's Reach no longer have low level side missions (no deliveries or salvage and such). Only warfare side missions.
- Default Mancer player bird lowered several stats
- Added a trader for future stuff to Port Remit
- Battlemap and Dialogue sequences now auto-continue without input
- Worldmap now snaps and attracts to markers, making navigating it easier
- Worldmap now has a center reticule
- Worldmap now has a custom map pin you can set with SELECT and shows up on your compass.
- Moved a gate for the southern time trial to make it less daunting
- Cinematic zoom on enemies disabled during stealth sequences
- Mouse controls improved on world map
- New color appropriate nozzle firing FX, that scale with weapon quality.
- Player rider model has had a major detail upgrade, gone is the ultra angular rider in your photomode shots.
- Inverted control settings would revert when opening the controller menu
- Prevention of fast travel prompt remaining stuck
- Fixed ace of aces achievement to the correct count
- Swapping out a weapon in a store , will refund your old weapon value.
- Charging in a storm will not change the type of ammo-pot, if the pot being charged is more valuable than the "charged" result. So if you charge a high value green pot in a blue storm,, it will remain a green pot..
- Mouse hitbox for settings button scaled up to include entire button area